Saturday, May 1, 2021

My Heros May 2021


Taking a break from a vacation album I’m working on and filling in holes from my everyday 2020 album. Reflecting back on the dramatic and uncertain times a full year after the start of COVID-19 has helped me focus what I want to remember and document.

I love the colors in these photos of my boys on our front porch and thought featuring over a black and white background would make them pop. It reminded me how lucky we were that the boys spent so much more time together this year than they probably would have, and hopefully they will look back and appreciate that as they reflect back at this special time together fondly as brothers.

I love the unique challenges the blog Lasting Memories  offers monthly:


And I challenged myself by only incorporating one color for the following My Little Scrapbook Store challenge in honor of National Scrapbook Day:


I love that I busted a kit left over from this coordinating page I did last year. This kit has paper from a decade old, now defunct manufacturer, Boxer Scrapbooking. Such a satisfying feeling to have only scraps left over:

 

Supplies:
Featured paper: Treehouse Memories Main Street: Motor mouth.
Patterned papers: Boxer Scrapbooking: Large Black Dot, Black and White Stripe.
Stampin’up! Black and White patterned.
Fussy cuts, Ephemera die cut and patterned paper: Photo Play. Living the Quarantine Life. Stay Safe.
Vellum: Quick quotes.
Savannah College of Art and Design retro Mylar stickers.
Big Moods vinyl sticker.
Acetate prints: Magic Scraps clearly creative transparent artistic sheets.
Nuvo drops: Ebony black and Simply white crystal drops.
Red fiber woven translucent natural paper: unknown.
Quick quotes chaulking ink: Feather Grey
Little Yellow Bicycle: canvas shapes: Flags, flowers and Leaves.
Pretty Little Studio: Stitches. Clear stickers.
Alphas: Jillibean soup. Alphabean stickers. Rosy dot.
Reflections: Themed stickers.
Honey Bee Stamps: Love Letters gem stickers.
Date stamp: Staples.
Artist’s Loft Illustration Pen: 0.3 black.
Scotch ATG.
Red top fine line glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment