Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Brews & Dudes May 2021


This is the 8th page of our family vacation album from a trip to Lake Placid last summer. I introduced paper from a new (to me) collection into this album’s color story on this page, Amy Tangerine’s Picnic in the Park. In order to provide color and pattern consistency in the album, I also used neutrals, blues and yellows from Simple Stories Take a Hike and Great Escape collections.

Color and pattern inspiration: I especially loved the tiny flowers on this Lasting Memories mood board and reflected that in my paper choices. I also loved adding little bits of blue, yellow, pink and green to an otherwise masculine layout.


Sketch and pattern inspiration: The wood, hearts and straightforward layout from this Paper Issues NSD challenge provided me a great jumping off point. I like this sketch because sometimes I don’t know when to stop embellishing and this guide reminded me stop before my page got too busy. 


Supplies:
Featured paper collection: Amy Tangerine Picnic in the Park pretty peace and you’re peachy patterned paper and glitter heart paper, clear vinyl alphas, paper bow.
Simple Stories Take a Hike: Happy Camper patterned paper, Ephemera Bits & Pieces.
 Simple Stories Great Escape: cardstock bits and pieces and chipboard stickers.
Washi: Kawaii Pen Shop. Vilit design. Green dye.
Enamel dots: Pink & Main. Happy Mail.
Little Birdie Juicy Jars vellum sticker.

Mixed Media:
Quick Quotes Powder Puff chaulking inks: royal blue, lemon chiffon.
Nuvo drops: Navy Blue Crystal Drops.
Nuvo Glitter Marker. Imperial Blue 184.

Foamies sticky back foam sheets.
Date stamp: Staples.
Scotch ATG.
Red top fine line glue.
12” CM straight trimmer.



4 comments:

  1. Love your layout Sdmarch the colours you have chosen are perfect for this masculine page. Thanks for joining us this week at Lasting Memories Design Team Member Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx for noticing, maureen. i really love the color combo.

      Delete
  2. Love your masculine page. Perfect paper choices! Thanks for playing along with the colour challenge at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete