Thursday, April 29, 2021

Not All Who Wander Are Lost April 2021



This is the 6th page of our family vacation album from a trip to Lake Placid last summer. I knew I wanted to continue using the Creative Memories Automobiles collection to document this road trip to provide some color and pattern consistency in the album, but also was looking forward to transitioning away from this collection within the contiguous album and introduce more of Simple Stories Take a Hike collection, as hiking was the focus of the next few days of our documented trip in the Lake Placid area. The furthest road trip destination had been reached, and it was time to transition the album graphically.

So, when I saw this Creative Memories Earth Day sketch challenge encouraging using only scraps, I knew this was a good starting point, although I likely lost some years of quality eyesight getting all those triangles to match up just right!


Next, I knew I wanted to incorporate my favorite feature of the Take a Hike collection to start transitioning the album colors and patterns; a flower graphic with an Art Deco feel that is repeated on patterned paper and accessories throughout the collection.... I love it so much I bought three sheets of the paper! I also saw a video on uTube by Tisa Browne (https://youtu.be/O2oOoOLKLSY) that featuring tags clustered together at the bottom of a page using Take a Hike that also combined two different collections, so that was also an influence and when I saw the Lasting Memories challenge below, I knew it was a good fit.

Supplies:
Featured paper collection: CM Automobiles patterned paper, stickers and die cuts.
Simple Stories Take a Hike Back to Nature! Happy Camper, 2x2 Elements and I Live Love Explore patterned papers, Journal Bits & Pieces, stencil, card stock and chipboard stickers.
Sunlit Tag diecut and embosser.
Big Moods vinyl sticker.

Mixed Media:
Distress Oxide: Rustic Wilderness.
Nuvo drops: Navy Blue and Ebony Black Crystal Drops.

Picket Fence Studio brush.
Foamies sticky back foam sheets.
Date stamp: Staples.
Scotch ATG.
Red top fine line glue.
12” CM straight trimmer.

2 comments:

  1. Fun background and great job using the flowers and tags! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Deanna. I really appreciated this challenge because I forget to incorporate my flowers often!

      Delete