Monday, March 21, 2022

Goldenrod March 2022


Continuing documenting our 2020 vacation to Lake Placid, NY. I made my husband pull over on the side of the road so I could take this photo. My late friend and mentor loved Lake Placid and constantly talked about this beautiful area of the country, and when I saw this field, I immediately thought of him. I had to stop and honor him for a few minutes in my memory. I'm so grateful that we got to finally explore this region.

Challenge Inspiration:

Color Scheme Inspiration: My Little Scrapbook Store (MLSS)
March 2022 Online Lucky Crop Challenge 16.


Sketch Inspiration: Scrap Our Stash March 2022 sketch challenge


Design inspiration: Lasting Memories March 2022 challenge #591 Finishing Touches. Nuvo drops and Enamel Dots.


Three paper collections: CM Meadow, Amy Tangerine Picnic in the Park from MLSS, and Doodlebug Land that I Love Petite Prints.
Alphas and Crushed Pineapple Powdered Pigment: Vicki Boutin Let's Wander.
Acrylic Flowers: Recollections.
Button/Ribbon: Unknown.
Flower Stamp: Hero Arts.
Date Stamp: Staples.
Nuvo Drops: Belgium Bluestone Stone Drops and Simply White Crystal Drops from MLSS.
Enamel Flower: AT Picnic in the Park from MLSS.
Enamel Dots: Pink & Main from MLSS.
Picket Fence Paper Glitz: Lime Christmas from MLSS.
Matte Acrylic Gel: Vicki Boutin.
Fineline Red Top Glue from Paper Issues.
Distress Oxide: Stormy Sky.
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Feather Gray Chalking Ink.
DCWV Green Page Tabs from HSN.
CM Circle Templates and straight trimmer.

Process photo: I struggled finding the right color and paper combinations for this project, and even ripped it apart and put it together several times. I was trying to force a lovely peacock blue paper and vicki Boutin stencil into the design, and in the end, once I let them go and introduced the better shade of lilac from the doodlebug collection, everything fell into place successfully.


I've put this hobby on hold for the last 8 months, but am so relieved to be back! sdm-




 

6 comments:

  1. Glad that you are back scrapbooking again! You did an amazing job with this layout and tribute to your friend! Well done! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch and wonderful work with your 'finishing touches'! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx deanna. i felt like the finishing touches really enhanced the simple design of this page, and only once i added them did it feel "complete."

      Delete
  3. Fantastic tribute to your late friend. Love the realistic backgrounds as well. Cool! Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks, Gail. I usually don't purchase those photo realistic scrapbook papers, but the flower filled fields of Lake Placid really inspired me. I used the CM Meadows collection on 4 pages in this album.

      Delete