Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Unforgettable Vacation March 2022



Our rental house on our Lake Placid vacation. 2020 was so stressful this home was a leading character in the documentation of our vacation. Tastefully decorated and well appointed, this safe haven during our pandemic vacation was a true comfort.


Design Inspiration: I’ve had trouble finding an appropriate use for this particular mixed media background from the VB Let’s Wander collection. It’s one of the very last pages in my pack. The rainbow of colors was my stepping off point for this page, so I figured it worked well for the My Little Scrapbook Store (MLSS) March 2022 design challenge.

Material Inspiration: I’m old school when it comes to scrapbooking… 20 years ago ribbons, fibers, twine and thread were all the rage, and I’ve always loved the dimension and texture they bring to a page. I always jump a chance when I see a challenge that highlights fibers. I used 4 different types of ribbons, as well as embroidery thread on this page for the Lasting Memories March 2022 challenge #589.

Collections:
Vicki Boutin Let’s Wander from MLSS. (Paper, Stencil, Mixed Media Creative FX and Embellishments)
Simple Stories Happy Trails (Paper and Embellishments)
Reminisce Love your Face from MLSS. (Paper and Title)

Fibers:
Flowers: American Crafts.
Ric-Rac: Stampin’up!
Yellow and Vacation Ribbon: Unknown.
Embroidery thread: Making Memories Watercolor Brite.

Honey Bee Stamps Gem Stickers from MLSS.
Rub-on Transfer: Reminisce Phraseology.
Label Stickers: Echo Park Photo Freedom.
Brad: Eyelet Outlet Stitched Flowers Fall.
Chalking Ink: Quick Quotes Powderpuff Mocha Mama.
Stamp: Staples.

sdm-



 

2 comments:

  1. I love your work with that pre-made background! Makes a great page!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx Deanna. i really struggled with how to use this pre-made mixed media background, and was pleasantly surprised how it ended up working with the rest of the page.

      Delete