Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Purple seaweed July 2020 single



Still working on our New England summer vacation album from last year. The rainy, misty Sand Beach stop along Acadia National Park's loop road is one of the most popular sites in the park. The bright white sand and beautiful purple seaweed was so pretty.


 I based this layout on Stick It Down's July 2020 single page sketch layout. I layered 4 colors with a stencil to represent the large triangles in the sketch. I saved some mirrored confetti from some packaging that came with a gift in the mail a few years ago and used to represent the small arrows. I love recycling found items to use as embellishments.


I also submitted this into My Little Scrapbook Store's July 2020 White challenge. The warm, golden lights in the above mood board reminded me of the mirrored confetti I had been saving to use in my stash.

sdm-

UPDATE: This submission was chosen by the Stick it Down design team as the July 2020 single page winner.

Collection:
Simple Stories Happy Trails.
Stencil.
Patterned Paper.
Chipboard Stickers.
Packaging.
Ephemera. 
  
Mixed Media:
Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store West Orange, NJ
Vicki Boutin. Let's Wander. Stencil.
Nuvo Glitter Drops. Sugar Plum.
Tim Holtz. Distressed Oxide Ink. Speckled Egg. 
Nuvo Glitter Marker. Wild Blackberry. 
Catherine Pooler CPMinis Icing on the Cake Ink.  

powder puff Coconut Chalking Ink by Quick Quotes.
Acrylic Paint: Unknown. Purple, Magenta, White.
Artist's Loft 0.3 illustration pen. Supplier: Michaels.

Paper:
Craft Consortium. Dark Grunge. Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store West Orange, NJ
Close to My Heart. Urban. Representative: Kristine Teanse Easton, PA. Solid: LInen.
Recollections. Supplier: Michaels. Solid: Ultra Violet.
Solid Neutral: Unknown.
Polka-dot Vellum: Stampin' Up!

Title:
Boxer Scrapbook Productions. Palooza Transparency.

Fussy Cut:
Pink Paislee. Horizon.

Embellishments:
Scrapbook Customs. National Park Stickers. Acadia National Park.
DCWV Page Tabs. White. Supplier: HSN. Stickers.
Mirrored dots: Packaging. Unknown.
Sticky Back Jewels. Supplier: Eyelet Outlet.
pink & Main. Preppy Brights Enamel Shapes. Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store West Orange, NJ
Binder clip: Stampin' Up!

Washi Tape:
Stampin Up!

Stamp:
Date Stamp. Supplier: Staples.

Fibers:
Ribbon. Unknown.

Adhesive:
Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store West Orange, NJ
Tonic Studios double ended Glue Pen. 
Pop up dots. 

ATG: Unknown.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout, I love the stencilling and the colours you used! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antonia. I’ve been dying to try my new Vicki Boutin waves stencil and finally had a chance to. Love it!

      Delete
  2. Your mixed media is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that mixed media! Thank you so much for playing along at Stick it Down .
    Looking forward to seeing you again next time.
    Love Alex
    PinkCraftyMama
    Stick it Down DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you alex. Thx for the sketch. Really challenging one!

      Delete
  4. Love this layout, your background is stunning. Thank you for playing along with us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete