Friday, July 24, 2020

Acadia kayak July 2020 double



Continuing to work on my album documenting our New England vacation last summer. We rented an ideal house on Long Pond Lake, and couldn't wait to try out the kayaks and canoe. We knew rain was forecast for the remaining days of our visit, so in one day we biked biked a carriage road loop, lunched in Bar Harbor, took a nap on luxurious teak lounges, kayaked, and then my husband and son explored another carriage road loop with a run. Talk about a lot of exercise in one day!



I based this layout on the Stick it Down Double page sketch from July 2020 above. I found a great scrap booking and quilting store in Bar Harbor, ME called Fa*bri*cate which prints their own, unique and beautiful custom photograph paper specific to Maine scenery. I bought a bunch while planning this album, but regretted not buying more of the kayak paper included on this page. (They sell their paper double sided and I used the other side which was a nautical rope photo for our day trip to Portland, ME in the same album prior to doing this page!)

sdm-

Collection:
Simple Stories Happy Trails.
Stencil.
Patterned Paper.
Chipboard Stickers.
Packaging.
Ephemera. 
  
Mixed Media:
Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store West Orange, NJ
Vicki Boutin. Let's Wander. Prism Glaze.
Nuvo Pineapple Delight Glacier Paste.
gina k Glitz glitter gel. Gold. 
Tonic Palette Knife. 
Catherine Pooler CPMinis Icing on the Cake Ink. 

powder puff Jade Chalking Ink by Quick Quotes.
Artist's Loft 0.3 illustration pen. Supplier: Michaels.

Paper:
Photographic Image Paper. Fa*bri*cate Bar Harbor, ME

Collection:
Scrapbook Customs. Acadia National Park.
Stickers.
Patterned Paper. Acadia National Park Watercolor. 

Collection:
Close to My Heart. Urban. Representative: Kristine Teanse Easton, PA.
Solid Paper. Linen, Peacock, Sapphire.
Wood Arrows

Embellishments:
Creative Memories. Collection: Beneath the Pines. Die Cuts.
Stickers: DCWV Page Tabs. Supplier: HSN.

Stamp:
Date Stamp. Supplier: Staples.

Fibers:
Ribbon. Stampin' Up!

Adhesive:
Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store West Orange, NJ
Tonic Studios double ended Glue Pen. 
Pop up dots. 

ATG: Unknown.

10 comments:

  1. I love everything about this layout - the way you changed the sketch to suit the photos, your colour choice, the themed embellishments and most of all, the stenciled background! Such a fantastic layout! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such positivity, thx Antonia! I’ve been making an attempt to use my stencils more organically lately, I.e. moving around more, multiple colors, more variation, and I’m liking the results! Thx!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful job! I really like how you split a panorama photo into 3 separate pieces! So insightful and creative! Thanks for playing with us at Stick It Down!
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for your kind words, Bethany. I can’t take credit for the panoramic idea.... I know I’ve seen others do it... but the sketch provided me the perfect inspiration to incorporate the trio! Thx!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layout! I love the mixed media trees! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Lauren. thx so much for providing the sketch to keep me moving forward on this album!

      Delete
  4. Super cute layout :) I like your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us over at Stick It Down
    Tina-Dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that they sell patterned paper that's unique for your trip. What a cool idea!

    Thanks for joining us at SID:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ashley, a sad reality that there aren’t many brick and mortar stores anymore. I always try to see if there are local scrap stores in areas we travel, and you end up finding some unique items. Thx so much

      Delete