Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Hot Chocolate Bomb Jan 2021



 


I’m trying to keep up with documenting daily life in my yearly albums the last few years, not just family vacations, and this is my first entry of 2021.

My son’s friend was so kind to make a couple dozen “hot chocolate bombs” and distribute them to the neighborhood kids. I had heard about these “bombs” for weeks, and frankly, had no idea how to eat them... I literally searched, “How to eat a hot chocolate bomb” on the internet. We had a quiet family weekend planned, (typical during the pandemic) and this was a fun way for the boys to end the weekend together.

It was so fun to watch them melt into warm milk; like a cool science experiment! My son and I like to cook together but we don’t tend to do desserts much, so this was fun for him to know that other kids his age like to cook, too!

I started with my scrap folder and alphas not associated with a specific collection first, then rounded it out by adding items from the new Vicki Boutin Storyteller collection I purchased from My Little Scrapbook Store. I used that collection only once before and have lots more to use.... so I’m planning on ignoring her newest release altogether so as not to be tempted to purchase more before using up more of my stash first!

sdm-

In addition to the unknown scraps of paper, salvaged twine, circle paper clip, winter sticker, gold and silver mini grommets, and gold washi, here are the other products I used on this page:

CM straight trimmer
Staples date stamp
Doodlebug coffee mug paper clip
Creative Imaginations Ocean Sparkle foil chipboard alphabet letters
Powder puff chalking inks: coconut white, charcoal black, pumpkin pie.
Reflections paper strips
K&Company black & ivory designer paper
Craft cart silver oil based pen
Crate paper letter stickers cowgirl collection #GL162 (circa 2006?!?!)
Sticko alphabet stickers 
Scherenschnitte Design LaserCuts Gold lace sticker trim
Fineline red tip and unknown ATG glue


I submitted this to the January 2021 Scrap Our Stash Remix challenge, and the MLSS January MLK weekend givaway#2.

12 comments:

  1. What a fantastic layout! Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our January challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the documentation of this. Black and white journaling strips are super neat. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Melissa! Thx so much for noticing one of my favorite details of the page! I cleaned out a kitchen drawer recently and found that great oil based pen, and rehoused it to my crafting area. I have no doubt I’ll be using that technique again in the near future. Architects tend to have a strange connection to their favorite writing utensils, and you just happened to highlight mine!😉

      Delete
  3. Love hot chocolate bombs! Your journaling strips are great. I've been starting to use them a lot more lately. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx wendy, I often forget how graphically effective journaling strips can be, and this layout was a great reminder. Planning them for my next page, too.

      Delete
  4. Super fun layout and chocolate is a favourite subject! Love how you made the circle into a bomb. Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - DT Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for the kind word, Gail. Thx for the inspiration!

      Delete
  5. I love this super fun page! How creative to use the "bomb" as your circular element...too fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Lori! I had fun doing this one and it came together fast.

      Delete
  6. Love your big lettering! It looks yummy too! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Shannon. I’ve had those big letters in my stash for years and years. Felt really good to use them!

      Delete