Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Real Men Wear Masks December 2020





I’ve been wanting to document the mask wearing experience during Covid-19 for a while and the December 2020 Scrap Our Stash “Mask up” challenge was the perfect excuse:

And the December 2020 Sketch N Scrap sketch #215 challenge provided the geometrical inspiration:

I used the leftover pieces from an old Treasure Box kit I received, and frankly I didn't like very much and the leftovers have been sitting around for a couple years. So, I used some of the leftovers for color inspiration and then created my own design, and made a companion page to another I had made similar back in April. It was interesting looking back months to reflect upon how novel masks were at first when now we will be anticipating wearing them for the majority of 2021, as well. I also grabbed my scraps folder and found a lonely red patterned scrap that fit. The fuzzy trim also made it a happier page. Printed pop-out cardstock embellishments are from Photo Play Loving the Quarantine Life. Selfie brads from Eyelet Outlet.

The American Craft Thickers title alphas were a new purchase in 2020, just waiting around for when I needed a custom color. I love that these cardboard Thickers are able to be colored using markers to match the exact color I needed on demand and didn't have in my stash. Kingart brush pen121 Peacock Blue.

The layout to the right was the complimentary layout I made back in April and had a mask layout in mind for the left. These challenges allowed me to finish the vision. (See my previous blog entry Feelings April 2020.)

I also entered this page into the Lasting Memories layout challenge #528: Mixed Bag - Anything Goes December 2020.
sdm-

Update 1/20/2021: This layout was chosen to be highlighted on the Lasting Memories blog and resulted in an invite as a future Lasting Memories Guest Design Team member.



12 comments:

  1. Great layout, with perfect embellishments. Thanks for playing at Scrap our Stash - DT Gail. #staysafe #stayhealthy #happynewyear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail. Wishing you and yours a safe and happy 2021.

      Delete
  2. Great use of stash for sure - Love the pop of yellow too!- Thanks for playing along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Sherri! Sending you best wishes to you and ur family for 2021. Stay safe.

      Delete
  3. It's a great take on the sketch and perfect embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thx, Deanna. Your comment reminded me that when I focus on planning out the embellishments more, it really pays off. Thx for the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thx Chris. I enjoyed the sketch. Thx for providing the inspiration.

      Delete
  5. Awesome layout! Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much, Rachelle. I love when I get the amount of details just right. I can go overboard sometimes. Happiest of New Years to you and your family. Stay safe.

      Delete
  6. I love it when a vision can be brought to life! Sorry for the loss you have experienced but glad you were able to document this sad time for future generations. Happy New Year and thank you so much for sharing your amazing layouts with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Lisa. I pray our future generations learn from the experiences of this year, good and bad. I have so many pages (or in this case, complimentary pages) in mind for lots of holes in my albums, so satisfying to know this one is complete! Happy and healthy New Year to you and those you love.

      Delete