Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Feelings April 2020 sad emoji


This was a hard page for me, as all I've been feeling is a dark sadness this month, no thanks to the loss of our cousin to corona virus, but also the sense of hopelessness and political division and lack of responsible leadership I feel throughout the country.

I used the leftover pieces from an old Treasure Box kit I received, and frankly I didn't like very much and the leftovers have been sitting around for a couple years. So, I used some of the leftovers for color inspiration and then created my own design and emoji embellishment, including a cardstock sentiment by Simple Stories Let's Party, as the kit really focused on funny and happy emojis which didn't fit my mood at the time. I also grabbed my scraps folder and found a large, lonely gold to red patterned scrap that fit perfectly. I also had some left over Eyelet Outlet brads from a fun selfie page I did for a vacation 3 years ago, because I wanted to capture the photo's happiness even though the subject was sad. The fuzzy trim also made it a happier page.

The journaling is the obituary I wrote on social media to pay homage to our cousin and for me to document some of the special things I want to remember about him. The American Craft Thickers title alphas were a relatively new purchase from @mylittlescrapbookstore, just waiting around for when I needed a custom color. I love that these cardboard Thickers are able to be colored using markers to match the exact color I needed on demand and didn't have in my stash.

sdm-


2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss. This is a wonderful tribute to your cousin. Thanks for joining us at the Scrap Our Stash blog - perfect use of your stash! - and wishing you a hug from New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx sherri. i enjoyed your class last weekend.

      Delete