Saturday, June 27, 2020

Sketch N Scrap June 2020 Challenge #202 My Main*e* Man


Continuing to work on an album documenting our New England trip last summer. I chose this sketch to try from Sketch N Scrap because it worked perfectly with the two vertical photos I planned for this page.

After a long morning of walking (mostly uphill!) and shopping around Portland, we stopped for a fresh pasta lunch at an Italian fusion inspired restaurant, the Corner Room. Portland is known as a foodie town. We also enjoyed another well known industry of Maine: Shipyard beer.

I decided to try the technique I'm seeing many using lately, the 'kissing' or 'packaging' technique on the background with acrylic paint and prism glaze. I wasn't that happy with the results, but I think it was because I didn't have the exact shades of paint combinations I was hoping to use.

I love this photo of my husband, because he is enjoying a rare moment relaxing away from his busy office and focused on our family.

After I finished the sketch challenge, I decided to expand the layout with a complimentary second page, keeping this background solid and plain to balance out the randomness of the sketch page background. I really love the orange Pink Paislee Horizon flowered paper, so I decided to continue the color across the second page with the orange ribbon.


I documented this wonderfully relaxing and unscheduled afternoon together along the slope of the Portland promenade overlooking what seemed like hundreds of little white sails in the harbor. Our teenager loved exploring the area from the air, taking photographs of the beautiful landscape with his drone camera. Our little guy with boundless energy loved running up and down the steep soft grassy slope over and over again. My husband an I simply enjoyed laying on a blanket in the grass, reminding ourselves that vacations are not only for traveling, but for stopping to breathe.

We love exploring new places, and Portland didn't disappoint. I'd love to go back again some day.

sdm-


Mixed Media:
Vicki Boutin Let's Wander Prism Glaze. Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store West Orange, NJ (I also entered this into the MLSS Summer 2020 crop challenge #15.)
Nuvo Vintage Drops Emerald Isle. Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store.
Powder puff Jade chalking ink by Quick Quotes.
Acrylic Paint: Unknown.
Artist's Loft 0.3 black illustration pen. Supplier: Michaels.
Marker: Prismacolor PM-6 Carmine Red fine tip.

Adhesive:
Tonic Studios double ended Glue Pen. Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store.
ATG: Unknown.

Paper:
Patterned: Pink Paislee Horizon. Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store.
Solid: Close to My Heart Urban. Representative: Kristine Teanse Easton, PA.
Recollections Let's Get Lost. Journal Cut Aparts. Supplier: Michaels.

Alphas: Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store.
Thickers Hipster.
Thickers Happy Life.

Embellishments:
Date stamp: Supplier: Staples.
Little Yellow Bicycle Burlap Shapes Flowers.
Wood Arrows: Close to My Heart Urban. Representative: Kristine Teanse.
Metal Paperclip: Unknown.
Ribbon: Unknown.


Humble thanks to the design team who choose this entry as their featured design in June 2020.

10 comments:

  1. This is such a great layout and I love that title! I think your background is perfect with the papers you have chosen. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for your kind words, Lori. My husband liked the title too!😉

      Delete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch and love your colorful title! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clever title work and great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx StacyLee! I, as everyone always struggle with creative titles, so I was so happy to come up with this one.

      Delete
  4. Such a cool layout and love that you combined it with another side to make a double page :) and I love what you did with the sketch :) Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap :)
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Tina , for ur support and giving me the inspiration to getting and extra page completed! :)

      Delete
  5. Wowza!! Just an amazing layout!! I love your "Kissed" background, I think you did an amazing job on it!! Great title and title work too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx for the kind words and sketch inspiration, lisa!

      Delete