Saturday, June 5, 2021

Delaware Canal St Park May 2021


We had so much family quality time last year during Covid, it’s something I’m going to really miss as
my oldest leaves for college soon. We explored the PA side of the Delaware River canal tow path, an area we often explore, but this was the first time we saw this specific area together. We walked, ran, hiked and biked, admired the wildflowers and the amazing historic covered bridge.

Sketch inspiration: Stick it Down.
 

Photo inspiration: I had this subject for a layout in mind for a while, but couldn’t edit down all the great photos from the day. This challenge from Lasting Memories reminded me I don’t have to edit out my favorite pics all the time.

Paper and ephemera inspiration: My Little Scrapbook Store monthly challenge. I really love this botanical paper from Dare2bArtzy I’ve been saving since last year with this event in mind. The soft floral patterns reminded me of the day. I combined them with ephemera from Vicki Boutin’s Kaleidoscope and Wildflower and Honey collections... because whenever u need a butterfly you can always count on finding one in Vicki’s collections!

sdm-





16 comments:

  1. I love the frames that you added to this sketch!! So cute! Thanks for playing along with Stick IT Down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx bethany! it seemed to take forever to cut out all those frames, but i loved this paper so much, it was worth it!

      Delete
  2. Double layouts are my favourite and a perfect way to use more than three photos! Great layout for our challenge at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges! Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx sandy! i love using double pages when i have lots of photos, makes me feel like i don't have to compromise on editing out some of my favorite photos!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful 2-pager and great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for providing the challenge to keep the creative juices flowing, Deanna!

      Delete
  4. I wish I could say we went on a lot of adventures but we did spend a bunch of time together before my oldest went back to her culinary program in San Francisco. I've been eyeing this sketch too, It works prefectly for the multi- photo challenge at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx Haven! congrats to your daughter on her culinary education! yummy and exciting!

      Delete
  5. WOW--gorgeous photos, and a fabulous take on the sketch! I love how you positioned everything, and the frames that showcase different aspects of your layout. Your inking makes everything "pop"--it's a wonderful tribute to your "outing" memories. :) Thank you for joining Stick It Down---Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx sharon! i loved these papers and the sketch allowed me to highlight them.

      Delete
  6. Oh, wow, awesome design! I love what you did with the frames, I always struggle to place them on a layout! Thanks for scrapping along with us at stick it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx for your kind words, Antonia! i enjoyed this layout alot.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful layout! I love the way you used frames! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a great take on the sketch! I too, am lovin' all the frames!! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. frames are so much fun! i have to remember for the future. thx, tammy!

      Delete