Sunday, March 21, 2021

Lucky to Have You March 2021





Just a fun quick layout as I continue to try to fill in the holes in my older yearly chronological albums. When I’m working on a larger vacation album project, I purposely take a break and look back at other unfinished albums once in a while to make me feel like I’m making progress on all fronts... realistically, will I ever complete all the albums I hope to? Probably not, but it makes me smile and gives me some satisfaction to go back and look at these older memories.

I always say I’m going to stick to one collection for simplicity, and never seem to. My strategy of first pulling all collections that catch my eye for possible inclusion in a layout, always tempts me to throw the kitchen sink at the page, but he’s too cute, I couldn’t mess this layout up if I tried.❤️

Shimelle Never Grow Up embellishments, foiled polka dot acetate and patterned paper.
Vicki Boutin Let’s Wander stencils, mixed media card-stock, and tag journal pieces.
Reminisce Luck O’ the Irish patterned paper and die cut stickers.
Stampin’up patterned polka dot paper, Gold Glitz Dazzling Details, and Gold buttons.
Solid card-stock: unknown.
Crepe Paper Magical Forest embellishment.
CM scallop stitch border maker cartridge and 12” straight trimmer.
Marvy Lichida corner punch.
Washi: polka dots - unknown, gold - Duck, green dye - vilit design.
Distress Oxide Rustic Wilderness.
PowderPuff chaulking ink Coconut.
King Art brush pen Hunter Green #113.
Artist’s Loft green illustration pen.
Nuvo Mica Mist: antique gold and fresh pear.
Paper clip: unknown.
Tonic Double ended glue pen.
FineLine RedTop glue.
Atg glue: unknown.
Sponge daubers: Scrapbook.com.

This layout was submitted to the My Little Scrapbook Store March 2021 Shamrock Recipe Layout Challenge and Scrap Our Stash March 2021 Remix Challenge.


This layout was selected as one of three top designs for the March 2021 Scrap Our Stash challenges. Many humble thanks to the design team for the recognition.


16 comments:

  1. What a fantastic layout! Great details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background paper and fun embellishments. Thanks for joining us at scrap our stash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx shannon. vicki boutin made this background easy. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful St Paddy's Day layout. LOVE that rainbow - so cool! You did a great job lifting this layout. Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the rainbow, too. i wasn't sure what i would use them for when i purchased the magical forest collection because it's a big and thick embellishment... but i was so happy when i thought of using it and had it on hand!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! That rainbow background is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like doing my own mixed media backgrounds, but vicki boutin has to take the credit for this rainbow background... it was a lot easier (and less messy) to flip through the mixed media paper pad looking for some st patricks day rainbow inspiration.

      Delete
  5. Love the rainbow and tassel. It gives the page so much dimension. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx melissa... the tassel has a funny back story... i'm trying to decludder years of old boxes from my mom's house, and I recently salvaged the tassel from a box of memorabilia from the 1970s. my mom saves EVERYTHING. so as much as i complain, i have to give her credit!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic layout! Love your inked up background layer. Thanks for playing along with SOS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx ange! i occurred to me after i chose my green palette of paper that i really needed some rainbow inspiration for a st patricks day layout, so i flipped through my vicki boutin mixed media pad and found the perfect rainbow of color. :)

      Delete
  7. I love this fun layout! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx lori. i really enjoyed scraplifting the remix for this challenge. thx for providing the inspiration!

      Delete