Friday, March 12, 2021

Just Add Ice March 2021



I love when a layout comes together quick and easily and this one of my nephew playing hockey really did. I love the blue and orange tones on this page.

I started with a PhotoPlay base white cardstock and added Quick Quotes blue chaulking ink over a Simple Stories Winter Magic stencil. Then I used GinaK Glitter Gel in both blue and white to stencil extra snowflakes. 

Next, I distressed all the Ella and Viv paper edges with a Tim Holtz distresser I recently purchased and inked the edges... I’m not very satisfied with this product and would love any recommendations on another distresser that others use. I’d like it to create stronger edges.

I really liked using the Heidi Swapp Color Theory alphas so I could add my own custom colors (blue gelly pen and kings art orange marker). Finally, I used one of the only decorative punches I own, my classic snowflake punch to give pops of orange and baby blue contrast color. 

I submitted this layout to Lasting Memories Layout Challenges #538 and Paper Issues In Harmony challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! What a great choice of papers and love all the snowflakes! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout. All your details are just perfect for the theme of your layout! I use the Tim Holts distressing tool all the time and I love it. It works best on a thicker cardstock. Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx for the tip... this paper was thin so i'll keep that in mind!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layout, Susan! I love the pops of orange and those alphas are perfect! When I distress the edges of my papers to get the roughed up look, I just use the blade on my scissors and just keep going over it until I get the look I want - if that's what you are talking about! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx for the advice, lori. i was using my scissors before i bought the tool, but i think i need to try using thicker scissors next time, as my little detail fussy cutting scissors don't work well for distressing.

      Delete