Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Sand beach August 2020 #80



I’m still plugging along on my album from last years vacation to Maine. One of my resolutions this year is to complete the albums I start. I have only completed a handful of traditional scrapbook albums over the years, and another dozen are in some state of completion, waiting to infill chronologically, or trying to track down some long lost photos. These challenges have really helped me focus on reaching my goals.

This page documents some fun frolicking on a rainy, cloudy day at Acadia National Park’s Sand Beach. I was struck by how brown but small the grains of sand was in Maine. I found the perfect photo paper for the background at a craft store specific to documenting everything Maine called Fab•ri•cate in Bar Harbor that really captures the color and texture of the sand, so I wanted to let the paper shine and keep the layout simple.

sdm-

Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store (www.mylittlescrapbookstore.com) West Orange, NJ (I also entered this into the MLSS Camp Out challenge 6.)

Nuvo Glitter Marker Wild Blackberry
Nuvo Glitter Drops Sugar Plum.
Vicki Boutin Let's Wander Stencil and Tags.
Catherine Pooler CPMinis Icing on the Cake Ink.
Tim Holtz Distressed Oxide Speckled Egg
pink&Main Preppy Brights enamel shapes.
Adhesive: Pop Dots and Tonic Studios double ended Glue Pen.

Supplier: Michaels

Recollections Let's Get Lost fussy journal paper.
Recollections. Solid: Ultra Violet.
Artist's Loft 0.3 black illustration pen.

Polka-dot Vellum: Stampin’ Up!
Alphas, ATG Adhesive: Unknown
Grommet and Sticky Back Jewels: Eyelet Outlet
Feature paper: Fab•ri•cate Bar Harbor, ME
Grateful Heart Cork Shapes: Close to my Heart. Arrow. Representative: Kristine Teanse Easton, PA.
Cork sticker. Globe. Representative: Crafty Creations by Annis.
Enamel dot stickers: dollar tree.
Buttons: boxer scrapbooking.
Gold mirrored dots: packaging. unknown.
Scrapbook Customs. National Park Stickers. Acadia National Park.

Washi Tape:
Stampin Up!

Stamp:
Date Stamp. Supplier: Staples.

Fibers:
Ribbon. Unknown.


Although I planned this page to stand independently, I did have a previous page I made in mind when I designed it so it would be complimentary to its sister page in the album. See my previous blog post from July 2020 Purple Seaweed.


16 comments:

  1. I love that background paper! And I especially like the way you scrapped so many wonderful vacation photos here. Your layout is gorgeous and captures amazing memories! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Sharon. I surprised myself getting 6 photos on the page but still see the background. I try to layer photos a lot for that reason because I tend to take a lot of photos!

      Delete
  2. I love Acadia National Park! Such a cool way to showcase multiple photos on a page! Thank you so much for playing at Challenge YOUrself this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I’d love to go back some day soon!

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love your photograph arrangement! So so clever! As is the use of paper and elements!
    Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Lisa-Marie! I love doing repetitive photos on layouts. I’m especially happy with how the waters edges blend between the photos and the background paper.

      Delete
  4. Great design and I love all the photos. Very nice! Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vacation page! -Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic layout! Bring me back pleasant memories from our trip there a few years ago. Love your background paper and specially like that little frame at the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Carmen. I usually don’t do frames so it was a nice surprise for me.

      Delete
  7. This is such a fun layout! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete