Thursday, September 10, 2020

Charlestown details #208 Sept 2020

 


Continuing to work on our New England album from last summer... almost done!😀

Played with my new brick stencil and Nuvo mist for this page, tried to capture the feeling of walking around the historic Charlestown section of Boston after we visited Bunker Hill. It didn’t photograph well, but I was very happy with the results.  

We had a memorable, cozy family dinner at the historic Warren Inn waiting for afternoon traffic to loosen up after a long day in the car. This was an unplanned stop on our trip, which almost always work out to be some of the best memories.

I, like many I suppose, have trouble identifying myself as beautiful, but I loved this photo and memory and need to remind myself more often, so I said it in writing in big letters on this page.

sdm-

This was the original #SketchNScrap sketch I based the page on:


Paper, Branding Strip and Cut Apart: CTMH. Documented
Arrow Sticker: CTMH Urban.
Cardstock: CTMH Sapphire.
Rep: Kristine Teanse Easton PA

Alphas: Basic Grey MELLOW Maude Alphabet Stickers

Faux Enamel Dot Pop-Up Stickers: Crafters Square. Dollar Tree

Quick Quotes Powder Puffs Chalking Ink Coconut

Rubber Stampede Royal Blue Dye Based Ink Pad

Template: Kiwi Lane Brackets 1.  Rep: Annis Monforte

Fussy Cut Arrow: Studio Calico
Artists Loft 0.3 Illustration Pen
Michaels

Translucent Fiber infused Paper, Staples, ATG tape: Unknown

Sparkly Fluff: Our Craft Lounge. Very Cherry Red

Stencil: Clear Scraps. Brick Wall.

Date Stamp: Staples

Page Tab Sticker: DCWV. HSN

Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Matte
Nuvo Mica Mist Fresh Pear
Tonic Double Sided Glue Pen and Palette Knife
Supplier: My Little Scrapbook Store.


6 comments:

  1. Awesome layout!! LOVE your take on the sketch and how you captured these great memories! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sketch worked so perfectly with your photos! I really like the colors you chose, especially the yellow that you used for your photo background, really lets everything pop! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you StacyLee. It was the first time I dove into the CTMH Documented paper, and I love the colors in that collection, too.

      Delete
  3. Great take on the sketch! I love how you're documenting your trip and the colors that you chose for this layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for these challenges, Tammy. It really helps to motivate moving forward and completing pages. I’m only a few pages away from finishing my album, what a great feeling! Can’t wait!

      Delete