Sunday, February 23, 2020

Egg hunt Feb 2020 double page



This was my submission for the #StickItDown double page challenge Feb 2020. In addition to some old Reflections travel paper & Karen Foster Easter themed paper, Simple Stories Easter stickers, washi, buttons, ribbon & bakers twine in my stash, I used the new BoBunny Sweet Clementine Sublime and Charisma paper and Nuvo Glitter Drops Ruby Slippers from My Little Scrapbook Store.

Michelle had gifted me the Sweet Clementine paper for winning a previous challenge, something I never would have picked out to purchase myself. I honestly didn't know what I was going to use this collection for when I first received it. Being an architect, I tend to lean more towards sharp graphics and bold patterns rather than filigree and flowers. The collection has alot of hearts and Victorian influenced designs incorporated into the paper patterns and color scheme that reminds more of romance than Easter, but the oranges and lavenders really spoke to me for spring colors, perhaps because we've had such a mild winter here in NJ that we are all just moving forward in our minds towards spring!

I've been wanting to incorporate a large graphic using all washi tape for some time now, and although this wasn't the challenge to do that, the great bold striped pattern from the BoBunny collection reminded me of that goal, so planning on trying that technique in the future.

This is the second or third time I've tried the Nuvo Drops. I'm not even sure why I purchased such a pinky color - again - not my style, but Michelle probably mentioned that it dries darker than it looks in the bottle, so it leaned closer to the dark orange of the BoBunny paper and really looks great when dry. I especially liked using it to highlight some of the individual grass strands in the title.

Finally, the title: I used my old trusty Exacto knife to cut around the top half of each of the eggs on the Karen Foster paper and popped them up so the BoBunny cardstock peeks out from behind the thin single sided paper.

sdm-

UPDATE: This design was chosen by the Design Team as the Stick it Down double page winner for February 2020.

8 comments:

  1. WOW!! You did an amazing job! I love that you changed the heart in the sketch to an easter egg on your page! Great creativity! Thanks for playing with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout, I love your colour choice and that great big egg with the doodling on :-)! Thanks for scrapping with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layout and such a fun take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us over at Stick It Down
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! I love that giant egg and the eggs behind your title. Thank you for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete